- About us
- Acts & Rules
- Students Corner
- Campus Infrastructure
- Extension Activities
Objectives of the Paryavaran Mitra government College Osian, Jodhpur is well known for its qualityeducation and green campus. The Paryavaran Mitra Cell created by government College provides an ideal way to create environmental awareness among the future generation.
• Inculcate the Green protocol among students and faculties.
• Dissemination of environmental literacy to motivate students, teachers and supporting staff.
• Establishment of an efficient way for waste management and recycling systems.
• Energy optimization for enhancing energy utilization.
• Transformation of the campus into pollution free and environmentally friendly zone.
• Green Campaign initiative focusing students regarding awareness of the benefits for adopting green practices.
Context: The natural location advantage to this green campus offers countless opportunities to enhance the eco-friendly practices in the campus. The current global climate crisis imposes the institution to consider the environment consciousness as its paramount duty to develop its high standards for environmental friendliness and applaud the practices that continue to arrange and work on the cutting edge of environmental innovation. The college deems it as its prior responsibility to make society aware of deteriorating environmental parameters and also prodding them to adopt ecofriendly ways through environmental policy advocacy, promoting environmental awareness and local participation in conservation efforts to minimize the threat.
Practice: The following initiatives have been taken in the campus to contribute to the noble cause of Environmental Consciousness and Sustainability:
Impact of the Practice:
• The concept of green campus campaign and environmental friendly practices in the campus resulted in growing a clean and green campus.
• The workshops and seminars on environmental issues created awareness among the students.
• Proper waste management system for all types of waste produced in the campus. Disposal of non-degradable and degradable wastes into separate dust bins facilitated the waste management more effortlessly.
• Use of renewable and sustained energy sources like LED bulb inside the campus.
• The Paryavaran Mitra and Energy Conservation Club have succeeded in fostering an energy conservation culture and attitude among students, staff and masses in nearby areas.
• Neatness programs conducted by NSS and NCC time to time. Maintenance of garden and various play grounds by NSS in charge, and Sport in charge respectively.
• Encourage to students and teachers for save electricity, save papers, save waters, use of dust beans etc.
• Environmental awareness program (single use of plastics awareness) conducted by NSS unit of the college.
• “Vermi Compost” uses to prepare inside the college campus and use it as organic fertilizers.
Obstacles faced and strategies adopted to Overcome:
The financial resources are always needed to secure success in organizing these programs. The coordination from external agencies is required to put theory in practice. The programme with external agencies should be organized to let people of the area understand the importance of environment cleanliness and up gradation.