The main purpose of the Centre is to bring about improvement in the quality of teaching,learning and for efficient management of the Technical Education System,through Human Resource Development.
The main objectives of the TTC are as follows:-
- To organize and conduct pre-service/ induction programmes for newly appointed lecturers.
- To organize and conduct short term courses for faculty of polytechnics/ Technical Institutes for upgrading and updating subject matter in Engineering/Technology, Applied Science and Humanities and Non-Engineering Disciplines.
- To organize and conduct short term courses for administrators & faculty of polytechnics in management and education areas.
- To organize & conduct Workshops, Seminars & Conferences for administrators and faculty of Polytechnics on typical issues relevant to Technical Education.
- To have liaison with other agencies / organisations such as CDC, LRDC, Industry Institute Interaction Cell and other technical Institutions for conducting training programmes and for promoting technical education in the State.