Krishi Vigyan Kendra Dholpur
Infrastructure and facilities:
- Construction of half administrative block at KVK
- Procurement of vehicles- Car, Bus for the KVK
- Renovation of farmer’s hostel at the KVK
- Construction of boundary wall / fencing of the KVK farms
- Construction of Road at KVK Farm nearby office, Farmers hostel, youth hostel and Quarters.
- Construction of water harvesting ponds.
- Establishment of Pisciculture unit at KVK Farm.
- Enhancement of irrigation system through modern irrigation techniques like drip/sprinkler etc.
- Establishment of Orchard units at KVK Farm.
- Mechanization of instructional farms.
- Establishment of poly houses, net houses for protected cultivation and high value crops.
- Establishment of rabbit unit at KVK campus.
Computer Center and information System:
- Development and hosting of KVK website.
- Connecting KVK administrative units, and hostels with optical fiber for faster internet connectivity and surveillance system at KVK campus.
- Promoting paperless official work, official email ids of all the faculty and staff (as email@example.com) and groups of SKNAU.
- Quality and capacity of Agricultural Education.
- Harnessing the benefit of frontier science and technology.
- Strengthening of Training hall with audio visual aids.
- Preparation of practical /lab manuals for all Training courses.
- Establishment of Media and Publication Centre.
- Establishment of Farmers Help and Information Centre.
On Farm Testing/ Research and Frontline Demonstrations:
Following activities will be carried out as part of the ongoing projects / new projects at KVK Dholpur.
- Enhancing productivity, profitability, and sustainability of production systems through organic and green farming
- Simple, convenient and efficient technology for Small farm holders.
- Work on Climate Resilience Agriculture, Conservation Agriculture, Precision Agriculture, Secondary Agriculture and Specialty Agriculture.
- Integrated nutrient management and weed management.
- Test for assessment and refinement of Agricultural technologies according to specific regional climatic conditions .
- Assessment of drought tolerance, salt tolerance and early maturing varieties of different crops.
- Cultivation of vegetables in poly-tunnels in off season at farmers field.
- Standardization of agro-techniques for high value horticultural crops under protected cultivation.
- High density plantation and canopy management for efficient utilization of resources at farmers field.
- Production of quality plant materials.
- Establishment of fruit orchards for research.
- Strengthening of KVK farms with modern tools and implements.
- Integrated pest management of crop/aromatic/medicinal plants in field and protected cultivation through environment-friendly technologies including semiochemicals, ITK etc.
- Testing of new plant protection chemicals and screening of germplasm of various crops against insect pests, phytophagous mites and disease in changing climatic scenario.
- Development of area based threshold levels for insect pests and evaluation of potency of natural enemies against insect pests.
- Development of Post-harvest Technologies for vegetables, fruits to increase their shelf life and value addition.
- Climate smart agriculture through management of natural resources.
- Development of Herbal garden with all local medicinal plants.
- Technological developments for dryland farming.
- Work on climate change mitigation techniques through Integrated Renewable Energy Sources.
- New research projects with funding from ICAR, DBT, Ministry of Environment, DST, Department of Horticulture/Agriculture, MNRE,PCRA,MOFPI etc
- Agri-knowledge management and dynamic technology extension network.
- Advance training for training of farmers and in-service field functionaries of line departments.
- Skill and entrepreneurship development.
- Establishment of ‘Plant Health Clinic’.
- Organization of farmers fare in addition to demonstrations and field days for farmers, farm women and rural youth.
- Agri-business in the supply-chain operations and management.
- Establishment of mobile unit of soil and water testing unit.
- Development of crop museum.
- Guidance to farmers and facilitating setting up Agro-Processing Centre for post harvest management of crop produce in each Agro-climatic zone in collaboration with NABARD /Banks and MOFPI etc.
- Seed production at farmer’s field by farmers under RKVY.
- Through Capacity building, testing, training, consultancy and certification.
- Seed production of agronomical and horticultural crops, specially wheat, barley, chickpea, mustard, fenugreek, fennel, and coriander.
- Establishment of fruit, ornamental plant and vegetable nurseries.
- Production and marketing of processed products from fruits, vegetables and medicinal plants.
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra at a glance.
- KVK profiles.
- KVK News Letter (English) – Quarterly.
- KVK-News (Hindi)- Monthly.
- Technical bulletins on recent advances and frontier areas.
- KVK annual report.
Strengthening of Placement Cell
- Workshop/Training Programs for development of communication skills/personality development and body language improvement of students/ Unemployed Youths.
- Collaboration with industries for internship during RAWE and strengthening experimential learning & hands-on training set up.
Beautification of campus
- Planting of trees / ornamental plants and landscaping.
- Illustration with farmers friendly posters /exhibits etc
Establishment of Proto type Development and Testing Centre for revenue generation.
Strategy and Framework
The following strategy and framework would be adopted to accomplish the future plan and the goals of the University.
- Empowering rural youth with knowledge, skill & facilities and improve quality and efficiency of human resource for secondary agriculture.
- Provide state-of-the-art scientific facilities in laboratories and infrastructure.
- Commercialization of innovations and technologies through organized intellectual property rights and knowledge sharing system.
- Facilitate accelerated dissemination of improved rural oriented skill, knowledge, information and technologies.
- Promote effective, efficient and decentralized governance by introducing best management and operational practices.
- Reorientation of the research and development focus to develop and promote simple, efficient and convenient technologies that raise agricultural productivity, profitability, income, ensures employment opportunities and sustainability of production and consumption systems with special focus on small and marginal farm holders.