- About Us
- Admission and Exam
- Student Corner
- Act & Rules
- Contact Us
The Mechanical Engineering department is considered as the heart of the institute. The strength of the department is the highly qualified faculty which guides the students during the programme. A mechanical engineer designs, develops, operates and maintains systems required for all what happens in industry whether in a power plant, space & nuclear establishment, steel plant, military establishments or automobile industry, etc. The Department conduct the Program "Diploma in Mechanical Engineering , Total intake=60". Department Headed By Mr. Hanuman Prasad
To be recognised for quality education leading to competent mechanical engineers who achieve excellence in their life.
• To impart strong fundamental concepts to students.
• To provide state-of-the–art facilities in Mechanical Engineering for imparting technical exposure.
• To provide conducive environment for learning, creativity and problem solving skills.
• To create attractive opportunities for sustained interaction and collaboration with industries and educational institutions.
• To improve professional skills for teamwork with ethical awareness and practice in achieving goal.
PEOs (Program Educational Objectives)
1. To develop capability to understand and analyse the problems in mechanical, production and related fields.
2. To foster a professional diploma engineer capable to solve real life problems and therefore fulfilling the obligation towards society.
3. To provide a high-quality education and to impart compulsory training in the practical field that prepares students to assume professional roles in their jobs.
4. To nurture effective communication and interpersonal skill to work in a team with a sense of ethics and moral responsibility for the goal.
Core Curriculum :
The syllabus is fully updated and made according to the present day need of the industry. The department of Mechanical Engineering is embellishing the following subjects that fulfill the technology needs.
Applied Thermodynamics, Product Development and Design, Machine Design, Strength of Materials, Courses in Microprocessor Application, CAD/CAM, Industrial Engineering and Management, Entrepreneurship and Project Planning, Value Engineering, Organizational Behaviours, Condition Monitoring and Diagnostic & Mechanical Vibration, etc.
The department provides the following labs:
Material Science lab
Measurements and Metrology lab
Material Testing lab
Fluid Mechanics lab
I.C. Engine/Automobile lab
Heat Transfer lab
Applied Mechanics Lab
It's the only department which which provides exposure to it's students to softwares like MATLAB, and now is in the process of procuring Pro-Engineer & Finite Element Analysis software to further horn their skills.